Director Kris Ehresmann, Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Prevention, and Control Division
- Director Ehresmann reported 689 new cases of COVID-19. This brings the state’s total number of cases to 99,134.
- The median age for a COVID-19 case is 35-years-old.
- There were 16 new deaths due to COVID-19. This brings the total number of COVID-19 deaths in the state to 2,036.
- 12,820 COVID-19 lab tests were reported to the state.
- The seven-day COVID-19 test positivity average is 5.4% - up from 4.6% last week. The state has been above the caution threshold of 5% for four days now.
- The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) recently became aware of scammers who are impersonating public health officials at bars and restaurants claiming to be conducting compliance checks and demanding payment of fines for non-compliance of mask-wearing. Director Ehresmann said that MDH will not issue a fine on an initial inspection. Public health officials will work the establishment over a series of inspections before issuing a fine. Contact law enforcement or the state attorney general’s office if this occurs.
- Director Ehresmann reiterated the importance for Minnesotans to get a flu vaccine this fall. The state wants to prevent every possible case of flu this season. While flu activity is currently low, the state doesn’t know what this season will bring. Getting a flu vaccine will have an impact on medical capacity – reducing doctor visits, hospitalizations, and deaths. More information and resources can be found at https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mdhflu.com&source=gmail&ust=1601609432935000&usg=AFQjCNE-1t643MCJ_tse2In6Tv3MPC7FIw">www.mdhflu.com.
Amos A. Briggs | Government Relations
LOCKRIDGE GRINDAL NAUEN P.L.L.P.
100 Washington Avenue S | Suite 2200 | Minneapolis MN 55401