Commissioner Jan Malcolm, Department of Health
- Commissioner Malcolm reported the state now has had 57,779 laboratory-confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- The median age for a COVID-19 case is 36-years-old.
- There were an additional nine deaths due to COVID-19. This brings the state’s total number of COVID-19 deaths to 1,629.
- Currently, 305 patients are hospitalized for COVID-19 with 152 of those in the ICU.
- There were 23 fewer hospitalizations since yesterday.
- ICU bed use went down by seven since yesterday.
- There were 11,718 COVID-19 tests processed yesterday.
- The seven-day COVID-19 test positivity average is 5.2%. This is up from 4.9% a week ago.
- Commissioner Malcolm encouraged Minnesotans to make sure to get immunizations this fall for themselves and for their children to limit the burden of illness and hospitalizations in the state.
Amos A. Briggs | Government Relations
LOCKRIDGE GRINDAL NAUEN P.L.L.P.
100 Washington Avenue S | Suite 2200 | Minneapolis MN 55401